Losing your hair doesn’t have to be inevitable. There are treatments and procedures that can halt hair thinning and stimulate regrowth but early intervention is always key so here’s the 5 signs you should be looking out for:
- Look at old photos – male pattern baldness is a progressive problem which means it typically worsens over a prolonged period of time. As a result you might not be aware of the problem when it first starts. Keep track of your hairline by looking at old pics.
- Watch out for increased shedding – is your shower getting plugged up or your brush full of hair every time you brush it. If you notice increased hair fall, arrange a consultation with a male hair loss specialist.
- Check out your family tree – genetics are a key factor in male hair thinning so if the male members of your family suffer from male pattern baldness it’s likely you will too.
- Notice hair loss patterns – different alopecia conditions present in different ways so keep track of the type of hair loss you’re suffering.
- Avoid stress – factors such as extreme stress, illness or dietary changes can all play a role in your hair health.